The IoT meetups all over the world are gold mines for us to get IOTA connected to the programmers and individuals with entrepreneurial spirit in the IoT industry. You always can find one or two IoT meetups near you and everyone can join those meetups.
One of best things for those meetups is that they always welcome the introduction and promotion of the new technologies. Actually introducing and promoting new technologies is one of their main goals. Some meetups open their member email list to any member in the group.
There are couples of things you can do to introduce IOTA to members in the meetups. For instance,
1) You can make posts on the discussion and promotion boards or discuss IOTA on another people’s posts.
2) You can send messages to the group organizers and other members. We should especially build connections and relationships with the organizers because they are good at organizing events and can help to grow local IOTA enthusiasts and build IOTA meetups if we can get them to like IOTA.
3) You can go to the meetings to talk to people about IOTA.
4) You can present IOTA to the members in a meeting. They always welcome members to present new technologies.
5) You can start your own local IOTA meetup group.