The IOTA foundation donations have begun
(if you’re just looking for the address to donate, scroll down to the bottom of this post)
By now most community members know about the IOTA Foundation initiative, but in case you’re out of the loop here is a brief summary:
As IOTA launch is imminent and the software will be done very soon, we as a community need to look ahead and think strategically about how IOTA will get adoption in the real world as an IoT standard for transactional settlements and data transfer (among other things).
This is where the IOTA Foundation comes in.
The role of the IOTA Foundation will be to actively engage companies and projects that can benefit from the technology and business opportunities that IOTA offers them. This include in-person meetings and presentations, going to IoT/fintech/crypto conferences and actively raising awareness through media.
The Foundation will consist of dedicated members with experience and expertise. Most importantly these members is required to have a significant amount of time dedicated to the work involved.
As this will be a half-time/full-time job at times the members will be compensated for travel and accommodation as well as a wage. In addition to this, expenses will include potential fees to conferences and marketing material.
This foundation will only be established if a certain amount of iotas is raised. We have set the minimum limit at 5% of total iotas. This number is the lower end of what we deem necessary to have such a group dedicated to the cause for several months. In this estimate is the projection that the iotas will increase in value in parallel with the results from the work of the foundation, meaning that even though the foundation also accept BTC donations, BTC donations equivalent to 5% of total iota value at the present is not sufficient.
In the future the foundation will be funded by corporations and organizations that will become members.
Right now you can donate to the foundation via 2 different ways, if you have not yet claimed your iotas you can do so and can set a % of total iotas you want to donate directly to the foundation, alternatively you can send iotas directly to the foundation addresses listed below. In an ideal world 100% of IOTA holders would donate 5% or more each, but this is fairytales and won’t happen, so it’s axiomatic that some will have to donate more than 5% of their total holdings to ensure the establishment of the foundation. But those 5%+ increase the likelihood of the remaining ~95% you hold to increase significantly in utility and value.
Every person who donates will be mentioned (if they wish) as a contributor on the IOTA Foundation website and on this forum, in addition to this recognition as a true supporter of the project those who donate will be given a certain donation-amount-proportionate privilege in upcoming projects that involve the initiators of IOTA. ( No more details on this at the moment )
IOTA address got limit of 3812798742493 iotas or ~3.8T-IOTA, so once one is full switch to the next one.