It’s here! PyOTA v2 is out now!
v2.0.0 brings a bunch of new features, enhancements and bugfixes. Here are some highlights:
- Implemented multisig support.
- Added support for address security levels.
- Added support for attachment timestamps.
- Reduced default
- New mainnet value: 14
- New testnet value: 9
convert_value_to_standard_unit for converting between different units of IOTAs (for example, converting Gi -> Mi).
- Installing via pip now automatically installs
iota-cli app into env path.
- Added support for PyOTA-CCurl extension.
- This is an optional C extension that improves the performance of Curl-P-81 significantly (speedups of 60x are common).
There are also a ton of enhancements and bugfixes in this version! I think you’re really gonna like it (:
Note: there are a number of backwards-incompatible changes introduced in this version. Please review the release notes before upgrading from v1.1.3!
I encourage you to review the release notes before installing/upgrading:
Upgrade to the latest version using
pip install --upgrade pyota[ccurl]
If you encounter any issues, please report them on the PyOTA Bug Tracker:
Huge thanks to @normpad and @alon-e for helping test the v2.0.0 beta and making sure it is stable for production release!
Additional thanks to the following individuals for contributing code and identifying issues during the development of PyOTA v2:
Want to contribute to PyOTA? Check out our guide! New in PyOTA v2!