Since the current competition is rather promoting buying clicks, clickbait articles and social media gigs from fiverr, I hereby propose (after some feedback) to switch the system to a funding based system with focus on video quality, content diversification and multi language support to maximize the benefit for the IOTA ecosystem.
Core points of the new system are:
- Quality > Quantity
- Supportive environment instead of competition (same playlist of all videos)
- Distribution of Topics (IOTA roadmap, algorithm, distribution, history, implications)
- Sharing Video tools / graphics
- Multi language support (3 videos in the same language about the same topic are unneccssary while 3 videos in 3 languages are highly beneficial for IOTA)
- Invitating other professional youtubers to create more high quality content to maximize diversity (instead of just having 2 quality videos)
- Luey decides which and how many videos are accepted from each person for this funding
To achieve the above mentioned points, we would switch to a 66G IOTA per high quality video system, with a limit of videos per person and allowing to count 2 rather short videos as one (since otherwise there is a incentive to overproduce videos).
Additionaly to increase diversity and each others support, there will be a 50% incrase ontop of the 66G IOTA when the following points are reached:
- All videos in combined reach 500K Views
- IOTA videos are available in at least 3 languages
Same as the old system, Luey decides what the threshold quality of the video is to be accepted and also general rules such as accuracy and click-bate avoidance are still in effect.
There are 2 Versions of that switch:
- either the 20k views race still is up for competition but then cannot be paid out further awards (and in case the 20k video has irregular clicks he will be dis-qualified from all awards)
- both 20k and 100k races are off and the new ruling is into account.
To coordinate the efford we would create a seperate slag channel and a Github repo to store all video creation effords and discuss how we work together to reach the 500k views goal.
In case there are no further complaints the second, off-race solution will be in place in 6 hours (all related videos are informed). In case of complaints to the 20k race the first half-off-race solution will take in affect.
That new proposal follows the Nash equilibrium theorem - and for those who haven't seen it yet.